1. Plan your visit. Search through the convention program on the FETC or TCEA website and plan your visit. You can narrow your search to make sure you get to see what interests you.Both FETC and TCEA also have an exhibitor list on their websites and you can search by products, subject or education level. Download the floorplan and make a note of the stand numbers of the exhibitors you want to visit.
2. Once you’ve planned your visit, make sure you register. Find out which you need, there are several to choose from, and remember, book early to save on cost.
3. Book meetings in advance. You can book a meeting with most exhibitors; however, many like us at Daydream are happy for you drop by for a chat.
4. Attending a seminar? There are over 150 conference sessions at FETC and 400 sessions and workshops at TCEA, make a note of them and the times they start.
5. The Orange County Convention Center and Austin Convention Center are huge; make sure you plan plenty of breaks in your schedule.
6. Ask your colleagues what they would like to find out or if there are any specific exhibitors they might be interested in for resources for their class.
7. Dress comfortably. It will be a long day visiting FETC or TCEA and you will be doing a lot of walking.
8. Finally, enjoy the day. Talk to the experts, find out about new products and resources and take advantage of being able to preview resources up front.